test 1 - movie testing

Post any feedback, problems and bugs from the Pre-Alpha releases here.

Moderator: Spudsdude

test 1 - movie testing

Postby Spudsdude » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:07 am

setup your movie folder locations in config.xml
1) scan directory's and load movies
2) choose a movie
3) click on rescrape (the button with the drop down) choose imdb
4) when prompted pick the movie from the list (if it finds one).. note it's searching on the title and year fields as shown in the gui
5) give it a few to grab all the info (it'll just sit there)
6) click on show available posters.. this will show them without downloading any of them
7) choose a poster and save it
8) choose a fanart and save it
9) close the available posters dialog and click on the movie to refresh, make sure the images are now showing
10) choose download all available images .. let it download them
11) click on show available posters, it should now use the local cached images and not the url (save for themoviedb which keeps timing out)
12) choose different poster and fanarts

13) repeat with other scrapers (imdb is the one that grabs all the images from other sites, including themoviedb so be sure to try that one)

14) note any crashes and errors

another way to help test
start the form from a command prompt, it will show a bunch more information as it's workign on stuff as well as errors

try folder and file level movies
try different output options by changing the priority in the config.xml, 0 is highest priority, 99 is lowest for image selection and saving
i.e. set backdrop.jpg to 0 and fanart.jpg to whatever backdrop was..
keep the priority unique (i.e. 1 of each number)

the remote test form doesn't allow selection as it's not in that api yet, but it should display your images and information and you should be able to save it

you can have the server up, the local test form and mutliple remote clients (all on same system since the remote client doesn't have a setting yet for picking the ip address (or dns / wins name of the server)
Spudsdude
Team umX Developer
Team umX Developer

Re:test 1 - movie testing

Postby Reginald » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:43 pm

I have done some initial testing, I will update this post as I go along.

- Movies based on Folder loaded without issue
- Loaded from DB after initial scan
2) choose a movie
- A Clockwork Orange worked no problem

- With District 9 I get an error in the remote client (in the normal client no error, just no data)
-- Failed to process the selected result from the list [OK]
-- Using IMDB and TMDB no error no change
-- Using Amazon the name changed

3) click on re-scrape (the button with the drop down) choose imdb
4) when prompted pick the movie from the list (if it finds one).. note it's searching on the title and year fields as shown in the gui
- I was able to select the movies
5) give it a few to grab all the info (it'll just sit there)
6) click on show available posters.. this will show them without downloading any of them
- works great, I noticed that it saves the image as you see it, loading icon included (guess who was impatient :) )
7) choose a poster and save it
- Works great
8) choose a fanart and save it
- works great
9) close the available posters dialog and click on the movie to refresh, make sure the images are now showing
- Shows up with chosen art and poster
10) choose download all available images .. let it download them
- Downloaded without issue
11) click on show available posters, it should now use the local cached images and not the url (save for themoviedb which keeps timing out)
- Some of themovieDB files did timeout as stated, but I was unable to switch posters and art once some were downloaded but after trying four or five times it changed the art
12) choose different poster and fanarts
Reginald
Official Tester
Official Tester

Postby Montellese » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:48 pm

Here goes my testing:

1) [OK] scan directory's and load movies
movies successfully loaded BUT everything after a square bracket didn't make it into the title shown in the list (in the details view it's fine)
2) [OK] choose a movie
3) [OK] click on rescrape (the button with the drop down) choose imdb
short GUI freeze
4) [OK] when prompted pick the movie from the list (if it finds one).. note it's searching on the title and year fields as shown in the gui
5) [OK] give it a few to grab all the info (it'll just sit there)
There should be some kind of notification that the scraping has finished (but that's more on the GUI side)
6) [OK] click on show available posters.. this will show them without downloading any of them
7) [OK] choose a poster and save it
8) [OK] choose a fanart and save it
9) [OK] close the available posters dialog and click on the movie to refresh, make sure the images are now showing
10) [OK] choose download all available images .. let it download them
what a nice download manager / queue!!! awesome work!!!
images from TMDB timed out for me as well on first try. second try worked
11) [OK] click on show available posters, it should now use the local cached images and not the url (save for themoviedb which keeps timing out)
posters worked fine (despite the ones from TMDB) but fanart didn't really show (but I guess they are all from TMDB)
12) [OK] choose different poster and fanarts
13) [OK] repeat with other scrapers (imdb is the one that grabs all the images from other sites, including themoviedb so be sure to try that one)
Montellese
Team umX Developer
Team umX Developer

Postby Spudsdude » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:20 pm

the rescrape button with the drop down is only in the local client form (not the remote client one).. here's a visual of it

*ignore the lock icons, those are in process to allow the option of locking a field from scraping.. (i.e. don't update when rescraping (red), update only if null or empty (blue), or always update (green))

Spudsdude
Team umX Developer
Team umX Developer

Postby Montellese » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:55 pm

Ah thx for the hint. I was using the TCP Remote Client but the Local Client looks better anyway ;) I will continue my testing now.
Montellese
Team umX Developer
Team umX Developer

Postby Spudsdude » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:35 pm

Reginald I have done some initial testing, I will update this post as I go along.

- Movies based on Folder loaded without issue
- Loaded from DB after initial scan
2) choose a movie
- A Clockwork Orange worked no problem

- With District 9 I get an error in the remote client (in the normal client no error, just no data)
-- Failed to process the selected result from the list [OK]
-- Using IMDB and TMDB no error no change
-- Using Amazon the name changed

can you startup the form from the command line and pastbin the output when trying district 9 .. if you get any hard crashes, please pastebin those as well as they should help isolate what's going on with that one.
Spudsdude
Team umX Developer
Team umX Developer

Postby Reginald » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:32 pm

fekker,

I must be doing something wrong, in WinXP, I am going to the UMM directory and running client_test_form.exe, it just loads the app and there is no output in the terminal.

Sorry if I missed how to do this, I checked this post and the sign up but couldn't figure it out.

Thanks,
Reg
Reginald
Official Tester
Official Tester

Postby Montellese » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:03 pm

Here is what I did:

1. Downloaded the archive
2. Created a new folder called "umm" under C:\\Program Files\\
3. Extracted the content of the folder in the archive to the "umm" folder AND also copied the MediaInfo.dll into that folder (don't know if it's necessary).
4. Opened the config.xml from "umm" with a text editor
5. Adjusted the following tags: <src_FolderLevelMovies> and <src_TVShows> to point to the test directories with some movies and tvshows
6. Opened the client_test_form.exe which shows a window similar to the one in fekker's screenshot further up in this thread
7. Clicked "Scan Directory's and Load Movies" (btw there's a typo it should be "Directories")
8. Waited a few seconds until all the movie's titles appeared in the list on the left side of the window
Montellese
Team umX Developer
Team umX Developer

Postby Reginald » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:20 pm

That is what I did too, but thank you for trying to help :) , but fekker was asking me to load the form via the command line. I thought that was what I was doing but I was unable to get any output.
Reginald
Official Tester
Official Tester

Postby Montellese » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:23 pm

What exactly is your problem when the client window loads? Does it crash after that or something? Are you using WinXP 32bit or WinXP 64bit?
Montellese
Team umX Developer
Team umX Developer

Postby Reginald » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:42 pm

The client form loads just fine, fekker was asking to see if I was able to get more information on why District 9 was not scraping. I am using WinXP 32. All the applications load just fine, sorry for that confusion, I am trying to figure out how to "startup the form from the command line and pastbin the output when trying district 9"
Reginald
Official Tester
Official Tester

Postby Montellese » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:48 pm

Well actually it was me confusing you I guess.
Ok, in this case you will need to wait for fekker's help because I still need to work myself into the code before being able to help more.
Montellese
Team umX Developer
Team umX Developer

Postby Reginald » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:52 pm

I tested the tvshow command line.

Code: Select all
base folder: C:\\Program Files\\umm
loading configuration
configuration loaded
starting plugin
debug getTVSeriesList - running

No files are created, here is the TV portion of my config:

Code: Select all
<src_TVShows>
  <string>C:\\tmedia\\tv</string>
</src_TVShows>
Reginald
Official Tester
Official Tester

Postby Spudsdude » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:08 pm

I'll work on re-enabling all the logging for scanning, just need to get some debug flags setup so that the release version doesn't hit the log routine (pretty big impact to performance with it enabled)

I'll also flag the next build with debug on for all loader functions (that's the part that handles those options)
Spudsdude
Team umX Developer
Team umX Developer

Postby Vampirebat » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:41 am

scraping works well (on a side note man that is a lot of scraped sites :woohoo: awesome work)
only issues i ran into are clearly UI related.
scraping specific sites works with all the files i tried (some didnt have any covers or art on thier site but it atleast came up on the list)
i loaded and scraped like 30 or so movie folders with a few pauses here and there but for the most part all the files loaded quickly.
not bad for a pre alpha nice work :)
Vampirebat
Team umX Designer
Team umX Designer

Next

Return to Pre-Alpha