[Linux: Build 532] Cannot read stream info from video_ts subfold

Post any feedback, problems and bugs from the Pre-Alpha releases here.

Moderator: Spudsdude

[Linux: Build 532] Cannot read stream info from video_ts subfold

Postby Dilligaf » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:49 pm

Running Karmic, movies are dvd rips with video_ts subfolders , cannot read stream info unless I go into ummconfig and delete video_ts in invalid folders. This makes scan list movie twice, once by movie name and once by video_ts. Along the same lines, must add .actors to invalid folders to not have .actor folders show up in movie scan. When I go to the video_ts movie which reads stream info and ick on create fanart or create poster a blank image selection window appears. Log attached.
Attachments
2010.01.17.log
(2.72 MiB) Downloaded 114 times
Dilligaf
Official Tester
Official Tester

Re: [Linux: Build 532] Cannot read stream info from video_ts sub

Postby Spudsdude » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:49 pm

Dilligaf wrote:Running Karmic, movies are dvd rips with video_ts subfolders , cannot read stream info unless I go into ummconfig and delete video_ts in invalid folders. This makes scan list movie twice, once by movie name and once by video_ts. Along the same lines, must add .actors to invalid folders to not have .actor folders show up in movie scan. When I go to the video_ts movie which reads stream info and ick on create fanart or create poster a blank image selection window appears. Log attached.

Good find, i'm looking into the video_ts bug, it looks like the load routine is not correctly setting the flag that the movie is in the video_ts folder, basically it's ignoring all the handlers for video_ts files.
Spudsdude
Team umX Developer
Team umX Developer

Postby Montellese » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:52 pm

Thanks for this report.
I have moved it to a new thread because this way the build release thread stays clean and it is easier to keep track of all the different bug reports. Otherwise reports get lost very easily if they are all posted in the same thread.
Montellese
Team umX Developer
Team umX Developer

Postby Spudsdude » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:22 am

Spudsdude
Team umX Developer
Team umX Developer

Postby Spudsdude » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:09 pm

and .actors added to ignore list in svn 537 http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/univer ... ngeset/537
Spudsdude
Team umX Developer
Team umX Developer

Postby Dilligaf » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:07 pm

Is 537 built yet so I can test it?? There was a problem that images couldn't be generated from the video file. I wanted to see if this was working.

Mike
Dilligaf
Official Tester
Official Tester

Postby Spudsdude » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:39 am

uploading svn build 541 at the moment, it'll be posted in the test builds thread
Spudsdude
Team umX Developer
Team umX Developer

Postby Dilligaf » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:39 pm

With 541 movies and stream info scan correctly but I still can't generate images. I am clicking on create movie poster or create movie fanart and a blank image selection appears with button1 on the bottom. Am I doing something wrong or is it not working?? What are the steps to generate images from the video file? Thanks for all the hard work.

Mike
Dilligaf
Official Tester
Official Tester

Postby Spudsdude » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:34 pm

you'll need to install ffmpeg

Basically what i'm doing is running the following command and grabbing the terminal ouput to figure out where ffmpeg is
which ffmpeg

if you have ffmpeg installed (i.e. which ffmpeg shows it's on your box) then i missed something in the code
Spudsdude
Team umX Developer
Team umX Developer

Postby Dilligaf » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:00 pm

$ which ffmpeg
/usr/bin/ffmpeg

It's there, do you need a log or anything?

Mike
Dilligaf
Official Tester
Official Tester

Postby Spudsdude » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:20 pm

give this build a try (ignore the missing version info) it's a working copy build
umm_linux_1.0.0.0.7z
(3.87 MiB) Downloaded 142 times

just extract over 541
Spudsdude
Team umX Developer
Team umX Developer

Postby Dilligaf » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:45 pm

Cool, it's working now. How far into the movie do the screens go? or do they just go to the end of the first .vob file.

Mike
Dilligaf
Official Tester
Official Tester

Postby Spudsdude » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:54 pm

Dilligaf wrote:Cool, it's working now. How far into the movie do the screens go? or do they just go to the end of the first .vob file.

Mike

Right now it's coded to grab 100 shots with a 5 frame interval (or until the end of the file, whichever is less), it'll be configurable in config.xml (and config editor) later
Spudsdude
Team umX Developer
Team umX Developer

Postby Dilligaf » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:27 am

Ok, one last thing, the fanart.jpg created is in the movie_name folder, not in the movie_name/video_ts folder. Shouldn't it be in the video_ts folder per XBMC specs??? Personally I feel that the video_ts folder should ONLY contain the dvd structure and all other files should be in the movie_name folder, I filed a request for that but as far as I know it hasn't been changed. Xbmc didn't pick up the fanart.jpg file until I browsed to it in the info screen.

Mike
Dilligaf
Official Tester
Official Tester

Postby Spudsdude » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:50 am

Dilligaf wrote:Ok, one last thing, the fanart.jpg created is in the movie_name folder, not in the movie_name/video_ts folder. Shouldn't it be in the video_ts folder per XBMC specs??? Personally I feel that the video_ts folder should ONLY contain the dvd structure and all other files should be in the movie_name folder, I filed a request for that but as far as I know it hasn't been changed. Xbmc didn't pick up the fanart.jpg file until I browsed to it in the info screen.

Mike

I think your right on the fanart.jpg, i think the actor images are also suppose to go in to there, but haven't got an official confirmation.. basically all ya have to do is add the @VIDEO_TS@ to the subfolder area for the fanart (in the config.xml) and it'll drop it into the VIDEO_TS folder.
I agree with the not messing up the DVD structure myself

Does actor information and images show up in xbmc for you? (doesn't for me, but I've got a weird old build)
Can you also scan your xbmc database (top right button in the umm interface) so i can check a bug i filed.
Spudsdude
Team umX Developer
Team umX Developer

Next

Return to Pre-Alpha