build 5 - Rev 497 (updated from 486)

Post any feedback, problems and bugs from the Pre-Alpha releases here.

Moderator: Spudsdude

build 5 - Rev 497 (updated from 486)

Postby Spudsdude » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:43 am

Here's rev 489, hot off the presses. (if you grabbed build 486 before, just extract this updated build to the same location)
- rev 297 notes - fixed major issue with pathing and files being created at the root of the filesystem, for other changes, please see svn commit notes
- rev 489 notes - fixed a bunch of linux and mono related remoteing issues that popped up, since these are required to work correctly when using mono.

Key Changes/Difference between this build and the previous one
- test form has been reworked so that it's one form used for both local and remote use
- image selection has been change to dynamicly create the form based on the images that are available.
- tv episode renaming is now available based on the configuration setting, see the post in the tv area of the forums for addtional options and how to change the episode names that will be generated
- SageTv movie details - fixed an issue that caused a buffer overflow if the value could not be checked.
- A lot more of the features that are available in the local only version and now available in the remote client area. Some are not enabled as they are incomplete.

Short Notes for testers that have been using other builds:
You MUST remove your old database's, the schema has been changed
You MUST remove your old config.xml files, the config has been changed

Requirements:
Windows .Net 2.0 with SP1 + System.Core.dll and System.Xml.Linq (from a .Net 3.5 machine) - OR - Mono 2.4.2.3
Linux Mono 2.4.2.3 - Mediainfo installed for your OS
OSX 10.5 Mono 2.4.2.3 - Mediainfo installed for your OS

Download and extract to c:\program files\umm (winders)
For OSX 10.5 and Linux /usr/bin/umm

Here's what we are looking for in this very early build
- does the app startup under your os
-- try the server, client, remote client, tv show updater
- does the scraper (for movies) allow you to select and save an image
- does the scraper (for tvshows) allow you to select and update the show information
- is tv show information scraped correctly (do they work in xbmc)
- are tv shows episodes display correctly (do they work in xbmc)
- does the file level lock for movies work
- does movie media information update correctly (try it wil .iso files as well as other file types)

Start the server (either on your machine or on another pc).. leave it running .. startup the client, enter ip and port, test out features.

A ton of questions are going to pop up, this is where you'll need to use the noggin :D and answer each others questions here
Run it on test media. If you don't, and stuff goes haywire, that's your fault.

The user interfaces are not the final user interfaces you'll be using, they are test forms we use to check core items. Some of the final ui's might be similar, like image selection and scraper selection, but that's up to the ui folks.

It's the error's we are concerned with, please be detailed in your bug reports.

By default it's going to generate a few extra files for your movies, these allow use with multiple media centers, like sagetv, windows media center (using media browser) and others.
Some config options are not displayed in the config editor, you can modify the settings in the config.xml and advanced.xml (for rss feed links)
Since this is the second rev spun off after changing how we talk to the database (now using mono's sqlite calls), i'm sure a few basic issues with pop up.
Good luck, and please post your feedback, good /bad /indifferent / bug reports.

install notes
You will need to remove your old database files
C:\Program Files\umm\db\mymovies.db
C:\Program Files\umm\db\mytvshows.db
c:\Program Files\umm\db\thetvdb.db (if you have one from an svn build)

You will need to remove the config.xml file, use the config editor to modify the settings
C:\Program Files\umm\config.xml

You can use the configuration editor to add sources and modify settings
- Note: some parts may be unfinished

Required Downloads you will need to use the app
Windows - .Net 2.0 with SP1 - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en

Mono
For Linux and OSX - you'll need Mono 2.4.2.3 - http://www.go-mono.com/mono-downloads/download.html
the complete mono package is mono-complete
You'll prob want to install p7zip for easy 7z archive handling.

For specific details on installing mono under 8.04 as well as Ubuntu 9.04 - see this post
http://www.teamumx.com/forum/index.php? ... =viewtopic

You can also use mono under windows

sqlite - Linux and OSX
This should no longer be required, please let us know if it fails to work correctly.
//http://www.teamumx.com/forum/index.php?f=18&t=178&rb_v=viewtopic

Mediainfo.dll
Mediainfo.dll for Windows 32bit and 64bit is already included

OSX 10.5
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mediai ... 2/download

Linux - find your version based on OS
look under "MediaInfoLib - DLL" - make sure you get the 32/64bit depending on your os, you can also compile from source (good luck on compiling from source, if you get that to work, please do post a step by step how to)
Here's some common Linux links
Ubuntu 9.10 32bit - try the 9.04 version below (please let us know if it works or not)
Ubuntu 9.04 32bit - libmediainfo0_0.7.24-1_i386.Ubuntu_9.04.deb - https://sourceforge.net/projects/mediai ... b/download
Ubuntu 8.10 32bit - libmediainfo0_0.7.24-1_i386.Ubuntu_8.10.deb - https://sourceforge.net/projects/mediai ... b/download
Ubuntu 8.04 32bit - libmediainfo0_0.7.24-1_i386.Ubuntu_8.04.deb - https://sourceforge.net/projects/mediai ... b/download
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mediainfo/files/

Thanks!
spuds

Now for the files

Media Image Flags
You'll need the media flag images (if you want those to show up)
mediaFlagImageAeonAlaskaSourced.7z
(4.15 MiB) Downloaded 204 times

extract to umm root directory (make it if it don't exist) .. should end up with \media\flags\default.png in the umm folder if extracted correctly

Download the archives below.
Windows 32 bit
umm_win32_1.0.0.497.7z
Note: You will need to remove your database (again) for this updated build
(4.26 MiB) Downloaded 266 times

Windows 64bit
umm_win64_1.0.0.497.7z
(4.61 MiB) Downloaded 209 times

Linux
umm_linux_1.0.0.497.7z
(3.89 MiB) Downloaded 132 times

Osx
umm_osx_1.0.0.497.7z
(3.92 MiB) Downloaded 125 times

full changelog since 489
Code: Select all
fixed image loading problem (and redownload after already cached issue) - removed fullSizePath from image props as it's based on hash of url and cache folder location
fixed image not being renamed with episode (image will be set to normal file attribs)
fixed show and episode missing path set or db entry
NOTE: Requires the database's be removed for this svn version
removed auto-cache on image selection, it will no only check if it's cached and not auto-cache it
fixed image selection error when running local version of test form (without server)
removed old remote client from build automation
found an issue with 489 and the remote form where images will be saved to the root of your drive instead of where they should be going.
fixed the prob with tv shows not taking the setting for the language, which took a mod to the scraper to pass the info through the api for the lang of the show.
fixed rss feed read (on remote form calls)
fixed find missing tv episodes (on remote form calls)
add tv show auto processing and made the list a checked list box
modified tv show scrapers secondary string to be used for the scraper language instead of from the scraper settings.
This does make this scraper only work with UMM, however updates are very easy as we only need to swap the buffer data to to the language string (just look at diff in this commit for example)
Changed how field locks work, much simpler solution now in place.
.Value = XXXX - sets the Value
.CheckValue = XXXX - checks the lock state before setting the field data

Bug: [test form] clicking on rss feed in remote form returns null reference as it's not checking if the form is used locally or remotely and attempts to call the wrong api
-- fixed

Bug: [core] no option exists for episode info to allow user to select/edit media type
-- added option to episode information, also added lock field options for episodes

NOTE: This commit requires that you remove your databases as the schema has been changed
DisplayNameValue
lets hope this works my first commit.
*Add UmmRemoteClient to the main project
*Add references to both Core and RemoteAPI
*Fixed build process.
added check to media details when setting xbmc nfo file data, if the version is 0 (not yet scanned) it will not write the media details to the nfo file.
Spudsdude
Team umX Developer
Team umX Developer

Re: build 5 - Rev 486

Postby happyhippo » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:13 am

First off.... thanks for creating this app... it looks like I will be my media manager of choice once it get further along. I did some playing around and below are my thoughts (and answers to some of your questions)

Here's what we are looking for in this very early build
- does the app startup under your os
- try the server, client, remote client, tv show updater
- does the scraper (for movies) allow you to select and save an image
- does the scraper (for tvshows) allow you to select and update the show information
- is tv show information scraped correctly (do they work in xbmc)
- are tv shows episodes display correctly (do they work in xbmc)
- does the file level lock for movies work
- does movie media information update correctly (try it wil .iso files as well as other file types)

Win 7 Home Premium - App starts great using the included .exe works fine. I have only had a chance to try out the TV side of things (in normal mode, not remote). Everything seems to work well. Didn't scrape the media info for the fields automatically (it did when I clicked the refresh button for each file) and not all the media flags showed up (bluray/hddvd, audio, network did not show up). Allowed me to select the images I wanted easily (and saved them as well) My episodes seem to display properly.

Sorry for the lack of bug reporting, but I will list the bugs I see as I see them (when I get more time to play)......

Thanks again...

happy
happyhippo
Official Tester
Official Tester

Postby bobrap » Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:53 pm

Kind of hard for me to give any feedback except that out of a tv folder with 75 shows, only 8 are picked up by UMM. Must be something in my setup. :(
bobrap
Official Tester
Official Tester

Postby Spudsdude » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:29 pm

bobrap wrote:Kind of hard for me to give any feedback except that out of a tv folder with 75 shows, only 8 are picked up by UMM. Must be something in my setup. :(

How do you have your tv shows organized?
How do you have your episodes named?
are you using any funky virtual sym link like apps under windows?

Try with a test set
create folder "House" (no quotes)
create a blank file called house.s1e1.avi in that folder, does umm pick it up?
Spudsdude
Team umX Developer
Team umX Developer

Re: build 5 - Rev 489 (updated from 486)

Postby jetskijoe » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:56 am

my NFO files have the Lastupdated set to 0001-01-01

<fileinfo>
<Streamdetails />
<Lastupdate>0001-01-01T00:00:00</Lastupdate>
<Version>0</Version>
</fileinfo>

Thanks
Joe
jetskijoe
Team umX Developer
Team umX Developer

Postby Spudsdude » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:45 am

jetskijoe wrote:my NFO files have the Lastupdated set to 0001-01-01

<fileinfo>
<Streamdetails />
<Lastupdate>0001-01-01T00:00:00</Lastupdate>
<Version>0</Version>
</fileinfo>

Thanks
Joe

good catch, added a check (svn 490) to ensure version != 0 before setting up xmbc nfo object data. The lastupdate field in the fileinfo field is really "last time media was scanned for details".
I can't remember if xbmc looks at this value, or if it was just something I used in MIP, if xbmc doesn't use it, a different name for the field is certainly in order.
Spudsdude
Team umX Developer
Team umX Developer

Postby Spudsdude » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:02 am

Here are some bugs that I have run into in rev 489
Bug: [core] When renaming the episode file using the local client, some times the image is not renamed. When renaming using the remote client, the image is renamed correctly.
Bug: [core] tv episode file name is not checked for media type when loaded
Bug: [core] no option exists for episode info to allow user to select/edit media type
Bug: [core] tv episode dvd order is not an available option
-- this one is a bugger as there are only a few shows that even have the dvd order listed in them
Bug: [test form] (linux) movie actor images are loaded async, if the image is changed before that call has finished umm crashes with a threading exception
-- need to incorporate the same loader and locking picturebox used in image selection for images in the form that are not cached and loading async (no mono fix or eta)
Bug: [test form] clicking on rss feed in remote form returns null reference as it's not checking if the form is used locally or remotely and attempts to call the wrong api
Spudsdude
Team umX Developer
Team umX Developer

Postby Montellese » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:58 am

Spudsdude wrote:good catch, added a check (svn 490) to ensure version != 0 before setting up xmbc nfo object data. The lastupdate field in the fileinfo field is really "last time media was scanned for details".
I can't remember if xbmc looks at this value, or if it was just something I used in MIP, if xbmc doesn't use it, a different name for the field is certainly in order.

I spent some time with XMBC's NFO layout and available tags recently and there is no <Lastupdate> tag in any of the possible NFOs (movies, tvshows, episodes, music, music video, artist).
Montellese
Team umX Developer
Team umX Developer

Postby Spudsdude » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:31 pm

Montellese wrote:
Spudsdude wrote:good catch, added a check (svn 490) to ensure version != 0 before setting up xmbc nfo object data. The lastupdate field in the fileinfo field is really "last time media was scanned for details".

I spent some time with XMBC's NFO layout and available tags recently and there is no <Lastupdate> tag in any of the possible NFOs (movies, tvshows, episodes, music, music video, artist).

good to know, we can either make it optional, leave it in the nfo file, or just yank it out.
Spudsdude
Team umX Developer
Team umX Developer

Postby Spudsdude » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:34 pm

There's a pretty big issue with 489, I'm going to repack and make the update available.
(pathing problems that cause the images (when using the remote form) to save to the root of the drive).
Spudsdude
Team umX Developer
Team umX Developer

Re: build 5 - Rev 497 (updated from 486)

Postby Spudsdude » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:32 am

upped 497
Normally i wouldn't change it so fast, but 489 file pathing issue was a big problem.
Spudsdude
Team umX Developer
Team umX Developer

Postby Dedi » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:16 pm

Version 497 seems to have runtime problems.

what i did:
executet ummServer.exe
executet ummGUI.exe, followed by its crash
executet ummClient.exe, after pressing "Connect to Server" same crash
executet ummGUI.exe, splashscreen appears, no crash, then program window appears, but except "Title, Year...Filesize" on the column title its empty (almost plain window)

I'll retest this right now after a reboot.
Dedi
Official Tester
Official Tester

Postby Montellese » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:46 pm

Dedi wrote:Version 497 seems to have runtime problems.

what i did:
executet ummServer.exe
executet ummGUI.exe, followed by its crash
executet ummClient.exe, after pressing "Connect to Server" same crash
executet ummGUI.exe, splashscreen appears, no crash, then program window appears, but except "Title, Year...Filesize" on the column title its empty (almost plain window)

I'll retest this right now after a reboot.

Please open a new thread in this board providing some more details about the problem and your system.

What operating system are you using? 32bit or 64bit?
Did you get any error when the gui crashed? Is there any debug information in the log file? Does the configEditor work?

Thanks for your help and your feedback.
Montellese
Team umX Developer
Team umX Developer

Postby migmac » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:08 am

This app It is getting great!!! Congrats. Everything is running well on my PC (Windows Vista 32). I notice an issue with creation of mymovies.xml (I am using media browser). In the crew area of the mymovies.xml file (persons), UMM is missing the type of the person (if he/she is an actor or director). This causes media browser to show " no cast" on mopvie details.
Here is a structure created by metabrowser (right one)
- <Persons>
- <Person>
<Name>Daniel Radcliffe</Name>
<Type>Actor</Type>
<Role>Harry Potter</Role>
</Person>

Now this is the structure created by UMM
- <Persons>
- <Person>
<Name>John Travolta</Name>
<Role>Bolt (voice)</Role>
</Person>

As you see the <Type> line is not being created by UMM.
migmac
Official Tester
Official Tester

Postby Montellese » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:40 am

migmac wrote:This app It is getting great!!! Congrats. Everything is running well on my PC (Windows Vista 32). I notice an issue with creation of mymovies.xml (I am using media browser). In the crew area of the mymovies.xml file (persons), UMM is missing the type of the person (if he/she is an actor or director). This causes media browser to show " no cast" on mopvie details.
Here is a structure created by metabrowser (right one)
- <Persons>
- <Person>
<Name>Daniel Radcliffe</Name>
<Type>Actor</Type>
<Role>Harry Potter</Role>
</Person>

Now this is the structure created by UMM
- <Persons>
- <Person>
<Name>John Travolta</Name>
<Role>Bolt (voice)</Role>
</Person>

As you see the <Type> line is not being created by UMM.

Thanks for this report. You are the first UMM tester I know of which doesn't use XBMC so please bear with us if there are bugs in the support for other media centers. Our goal is to support as many media centers as possible but all of Team UMX originally come from XBMC so XBMC is the system we know best and which we can test on reliably. This also means that we need a lot of help from people using other media centers. So thank you for doing this for us :)

Could you please post this as a bug in our bug tracker Trac? This way it won't get overseen or lost and you will get notified as soon as it has been fixed.
Montellese
Team umX Developer
Team umX Developer

Next

Return to Pre-Alpha