test of build 2 rev 261

Post any feedback, problems and bugs from the Pre-Alpha releases here.

Moderator: Spudsdude

test of build 2 rev 261

Postby azido » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:34 pm

Test environment: Windows 7 x64 Build 7600 (full)
all requirements met. fixed the dll issue forehand.

Here's what we are looking for in this very early build
- does the app startup under your os

yes it does, although i have to start it as administrator due to UAC restrictions.
-- try the server, client, remote client, tv show updater

all running as they should (starting without errors)
- does the scraper (for movies) all you to select and save an image

missing a progress indicator window here while scraping.
also, it's confusing to have 2 "rescrape" buttons but no "scrape". after managed this, and stuff got scraped in (btw: missing ofdb scraper, would prefer it over cinefacts scraper), no defaults are present for fanart and poster (other mediamanagers and xbmc add the first available ones here). had to trigger "Available Posters" to see and assign poster + fanart. selecting a poster & a fanart and saving them worked.

another cosmetic: on dialog popup for movie selection (more than one movie found, select..) neither poster nor outline are shown for first selected entry. have to manually select next one, than first one again before they show up.
(tv shows isn't complete but loading and manual editing should work correctly, use command line update to update info)

for me tv shows do not show up more than title, available seasons and episodes. no info in the corresponding fields. scraping seems to work (at least i got hits to select from), but nothing gets inserted. closed client, ran commandline updater, started client again - no change.

- does the file level lock for movies work

not sure what you mean by that. if you mean the lock of certain entries (field level lock?) in the info, then yes. they are all locked by default if an nfo file is already present, unlocking certain fields and scraping get them filled with new results. i know this is no time for feature requests, but i might add that it would be useful if i could make a certain selection becoming a default somehow by setting for all movies. a good example would be if i would like to update imdb ratings for all my movies. i could then select to unlock that field, save this selection so it is default for all movies in my db, then do a "rescrape all" and get that field updated in one go.

- does movie media information update correctly (try it wil .iso files as well as other file types)

only tried with dummy (avi) files so far. worked correct, but suffers from the same as MIP does: it doesn't write the same into nfo as xbmc does on extracting video database. in example the info that gets into <codecid> by umm is expected to be in <codec> by xbmc, so most likely codec flags will not show up correctly in xbmc. xbmc doesn't use the <codecid> tag (yet).

that's my quick testing results.

cheers,
azido
azido
Official Tester
Official Tester

Re: test of build 2 rev 261

Postby Spudsdude » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:15 pm

Thanks for the feedback and report.

We are waiting on the updated scraper for tv shows for the UI scraping, the command line tv show update is hardcoded for thetvdb. Right now we are not saving the scraped show data back to the show itself, it's coming after i get the movie override finished. Although this still will not scrape episode data until the scraper integration is complete.

Actually this is a great time for feature requests. The main portion of we are currently working on is the core and not the user interfaces, but as we add features, some of those get written into the api itself. The ui's in the test builds are just dev test forms to give us a visual way to checking what's going on and sort out cross platform issues with the interfaces.

I've been working on the overrides for movies, these allows you to update all movies and override any locks on fields. I.E. update all movies, refresh rating (or any other main field), if an override is selected, it will force an update to that field regardless of what the movie has set. (all locks are granular to the movie field level). The default is what we are currently called locked + .. the field is locked if it contains data, if it's empty it'll be available for updating.

Please add a track ticket for movie selection not picking anything from the list as well as any other items and we will get those sorted / added.

thanks
spuds
Spudsdude
Team umX Developer
Team umX Developer

Postby Spudsdude » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:29 am

give this revision a try to see if it'll detect the tv show info in the user interface (ummClient.exe)
umm_win64_1.0.0.298.7z
(4.21 MiB) Downloaded 110 times
Spudsdude
Team umX Developer
Team umX Developer

Postby azido » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:41 am

Spudsdude wrote:give this revision a try to see if it'll detect the tv show info in the user interface (ummClient.exe)
umm_win64_1.0.0.298.7z

you're welcome. glad if my report was any useful.

downloaded your attachment, but right now i will have some sleep.. ;) i make sure to test that one today and report back.

cheers,
azido
azido
Official Tester
Official Tester

Postby Montellese » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:29 am

azido wrote:although i have to start it as administrator due to UAC restrictions.

Yeah that's a bit of a pain on Win7. I got a new laptop and now I'm developping using WinXP and Win7 and it is way more work to get it working correctly on Win7...

azido wrote:missing a progress indicator window here while scraping.
also, it's confusing to have 2 "rescrape" buttons but no "scrape". after managed this, and stuff got scraped in (btw: missing ofdb scraper, would prefer it over cinefacts scraper), no defaults are present for fanart and poster (other mediamanagers and xbmc add the first available ones here). had to trigger "Available Posters" to see and assign poster + fanart.

Exactly what confused me the first time as well. But this is mainly (as already mentionded) because it is just a test gui so I didn't care to improve it myself.

azido wrote:another cosmetic: on dialog popup for movie selection (more than one movie found, select..) neither poster nor outline are shown for first selected entry. have to manually select next one, than first one again before they show up.

You do not have to select the next one. You can directly click on the first one again to get the details. But I can see what you mean and if I find some time I will adjust that (as it annoys me as well).

Like spudsdude said please create trac tickets (http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/universalmc - you will need a sourceforge account though) for all these points so we can easily keep track on them and you will be automatically notified when they get fixed.

Thanks for your extensive feedback.
Montellese
Team umX Developer
Team umX Developer

Postby azido » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:12 am

Montellese wrote:
Like spudsdude said please create trac tickets (http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/universalmc - you will need a sourceforge account though) for all these points so we can easily keep track on them and you will be automatically notified when they get fixed.

no prob, already have one there. i'm gonna test the new build later and create tickets for those things that i guess are important.
azido
Official Tester
Official Tester

Postby azido » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:30 pm

sorry for the delay in response. was very busy with our very own project.

gonna test the new alpha asap.
azido
Official Tester
Official Tester

Return to Pre-Alpha